The PMI Central Alabama Chapter is proud to sponsor the Fall 2014 PMP® Exam Prep Course. This course consists of 10 sessions that will help prepare students for the PMP exam. The course covers key components of the exam, including the ten knowledge areas, and is facilitated by experienced Project Management Professionals.
Who should attend?
Course participants include those who want to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam. This course provides the 35 hours of education needed to apply to take the PMP® exam.
Also, if you are planning to take the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam, this training will provide all the information for that certification.
NOTE: Please ensure you review the requirements for the credentials at http://www.pmi.org/Certification/Project-Management-Professional-PMP.aspx for the PMP® exam and http://www.pmi.org/Certification/Certified-Associate-in-Project-Management-CAPM.aspx for the CAPM® exam.
The prep course does not include the examination fees for the certification exam. You must register for the exam at www.pmi.org when you have satisfied the necessary requirements.
What is included?
The course consists of the modules listed in the table below. In addition, the course materials include the following items:
- Andy Crowe's "The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try" (5th edition) textbook with a complimentary book trial key to 8 hours of InSite
- Velociteach's InAct student course workbook – A coil bound book that coincides with the presentation slides
- Quick Reference Guide – a convenient tri-fold document containing the most important exam content, laminated
- Study Flash Cards – designed to help you learn and retain the key exam points, formulas, and definitions
- Conversations on the PMP Exam – a 5-disc CD set of roundtable discussions about PMP Exam strategies and PM best practices
- 6 months access to InSite – Practice Test A - 200 question exam simulation, scores are broken down by knowledge area and process group
When and where are the classes?
November 6, 2014 through December 16, 2014: Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Holidays such as Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving will not have classes.
Course Location: Southern Company
Horizons Conference Room
42 Inverness Center Parkway
Birmingham, Alabama 35242
Price: PMI Central Alabama Chapter members $600*
Non-PMI Central Alabama Chapter Members $750*
*It is recommended that students join the PMI Central Alabama Chapter and take advantage of the 25% discount. If you already belong to the national PMI organization, a chapter membership is only $25 per year.
NOTE: Students must join the PMI Central Alabama Chapter at least 3 business days prior to enrolling in class for the discount to be available.
Please contact Steve Volz, VP of Education of the PMI Central Alabama chapter at email@example.com if you have any questions.