Watch your inbox! Your personalized PMICAC voting ballet has been sent. Please take a moment and vote for your new President Elect, VP of Membership, VP of Special Projects, VP of Communications, and VP of Marketing. The election will close at midnight on Friday, September 19th. Thank you for taking the time to vote for these 2015 elections.
No company has the resources to meet all of its business needs. This is true in the best of times. It certainly is even truer when times are tough. Even if your company is a rare one that has all the money it needs, you definitely do not have the people to complete everything you would like. Portfolio management is a process to ensure that your company spends its scarce resources on the work that is of the most value to your company, and work that is most closely aligned to your business goals and strategies.
This class shows attendees the many aspects of portfolio management that must be understood before the concepts can be deployed. The class also demonstrates a specific and comprehensive six-stage model for implementing portfolio management – Definition, Foundation, Selection, Prioritization, Authorization and Activation.
- None, this class provides a basic overview of all aspects of establishing and managing portfolios of work
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts and benefits of portfolio management
- Establish a work effort to define and lay the foundation for portfolio management
- Create an overall model for selecting, balancing, prioritizing and authorizing work
- Understand how to run and report on the resulting portfolio of work
Who Should Attend
- Senior managers that will sponsor the establishment and management of portfolios
- All managers that must help implement portfolios
- Candidates for the Portfolio Managers
- All other senior staff members that need to understand these important concepts
- Portfolio concepts, terms and benefits
- Define the portfolio structure that is right for your organization
- Evaluate and select all potential work for the portfolio
- Prioritize and balance the work of the portfolio
- Authorize, activate and manage the portfolio on an ongoing basis
- Review and report on portfolio work throughout the year
- Update the portfolio work when organizational strategy changes
- One day (8 PDUs)
When and where are the classes
Date: October 16, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Course Location: Holiday Inn Hoover
2901 John Hawkins Parkway
Hoover, AL 35244
Morning coffee and water will be provided.
Lunch will be on your own
Afternoon snack and beverages will be provided.
Price: PMI Central Alabama Chapter Members $150
Non-PMI Central Alabama Chapter Members $187.50
The registration deadline is October 8th.
The PMI Central Alabama Chapter is partnered with Roeder Consulting, a PMI Global Registered Education Provider, to bring you engaging, real world e-training courses. Earn 1-15 PDUs with Roeder's acclaimed e-training and on-demand courses. View the full course offering here: roederconsulting.com/training
InfoSec Institute / Intense School is a national provider of Information Technology and Information Security professional development courses. InfoSec Institute offers 20% off to the Central Alabama PMI community for any currently valid training program. Stay sharp on any of the following subjects: Project Management Professional, Certified Associate Project Management and many other IT and security courses. The discount is applicable for all training modalities; mention the code PMICAC_20% to your enrollment specialist to receive your discount.
Also, check out our free IT training resources, updated daily with tutorials, videos and other free learning materials.